jeudi 22 septembre 2016

Movie Review : NERVE


The other day me and a friend went to see Nerve at the cinema, and I liked it much more than I thought I would ! The movie revolves around Venus an 18 year old photographer who is far from being the coolest girl in high school. Her best friend Sydney is her total opposite and apparently fearless: she plays this online game called Nerve in which there are Players doing Dares chosen by Watchers. After a fight with Sydney, Venus decides to subscribe as a Player. What seems to be an innocent game soon turns into a nightmare of which you can't wake up. 

I loved the visual quality of this movie: a lot of it is based on social media interactions which is not easy to show on-screen without it being plain boring. The whole photography gives those fluorescent, futuristic video game vibes, very cool if you ask me. 
The actors are top notch as well, Emma Roberts (I love 99% of the movies she makes...) does a good really good match with Dave Franco. 
It really makes you think of our use of social medias, this game reminded me of Periscope because the Players have to film themselves while making their dares and people comment at the same time. I could see this type of thing happening in real life. They really take it as far as it could go which I appreciated. Maybe it's a little bit cheesy in the end, but to me it doesn't make it any less good. 

And last thing, the soundtrack it insanely good !




EnregistrerEnregistrer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire